Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiators

To: mlempert@bellsouth.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiators
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:55:20 EDT
Mike definitely adds information to the answer: Not all multiple-core systems
are created equal, so find a good radiator shop that can give you good advice
on alternatives. Air flow matters a lot, so not consider not only a
higher-quality fan (I use a "Texas Cooler" which is better than stock, but a
good flex
fan is even better), but also look carefully at the way air flows into and
around your radiator. If there's any way for air to go around the radiator and
create turbulence behind it, the air will do that. In the six-cylinder cars,
the
baffles are critical, and with my race car as an example, covering other
openings around the radiator with duct tape can help a lot.
Cheers
Gary

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on
family favorites at AOL Food.