[Healeys] coolants

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] coolants
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:09:50 -0600
 So the latest Healey Marque has a piece about coolants and silica versus
OAT chemistries. All well and good. Well sort of. Nearly all the automotive
shop digests I get have strong opinions against the OAT variety. Esp.
Dexcool. The general gist of their argument is that it destroys the seals in
the newer engines, which should not concern us as a group.
 I've always used the "old green stuff" with out any concerns and have
always recommended it to my customers.
 I'd like to know who amongst us is using Dexcool and your results
Thanks!
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs