Re: [Healeys] coolants

To: frogeye@porterscustom.com, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] coolants
From: RobertH148@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:35:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/08 6:10:33 AM, frogeye@porterscustom.com writes:

> So the latest Healey Marque has a piece about coolants and silica versus
> OAT chemistries. All well and good. Well sort of. Nearly all the automotive
> shop digests I get have strong opinions against the OAT variety. Esp.
> Dexcool. The general gist of their argument is that it destroys the seals in
> the newer engines, which should not concern us as a group.
> I've always used the "old green stuff" with out any concerns and have
> always recommended it to my customers.
> I'd like to know who amongst us is using Dexcool and your results
> Thanks!
> Dave

I have been using Zerex Extreme Coolant in my Healey for 9 years now. It is
the orange, long life coolant similar to Dexcool. No problems.

A similar coolant is REQUIRED by BMW in their newer cars.

Bob Humphreys
1960 BT7, 1974 JH

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch
"Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.