Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners

To: Healeys Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:38:45 -0700
I was introduced to Healeys when I saw pictures of my parents' BT-7.
Unfortunately, my mom was rear ended and the car was destroyed.  While growing
up, I always told my dad I was going to buy one.  Once I got some disposable
income, I bought one.  I bought my Healey 7 years ago when I was 29.

My kids helped me throughout the 4 year restoration.  They love it.  I take
them to school in "the Race Car" (what they call it) and their friends swarm
around it. The best thing we can do to promote the marque to the young is
DRIVE them!!!  To most kids, a car show is simply an outdoor museum. Most cars
are brought in on a trailer and big "don't touch" signs are everywhere.
That's no fun.   When kids can SEE, TOUCH, and HEAR the car go down the road
it excites them. When they are excited about something they become involved.

Kenny
'61 BT-7

> From: grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net> To: healeys@autox.team.net> Date: Fri, 30
May 2008 08:03:27 -0700> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners> > I think
the best way to introduce young people is start with your relatives. > My
daughters helped restore both my cars and are active in club events to > some
extent. They help out with the club car show and love to drive the > cars on
rallys. One daughter calls the red TR3A the "boy magnet". The > other prefers
the Healey. They bring their friends over and ask to borrow > the cars to take
them for a ride. It has been a good family hobby.> > Jerry> TR3A> BN4> BJ8
http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys@autox.team.net>
theswed@hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive