Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners

To: <jculphealey@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners
From: "Ronald J. Ray" <ronald-ray@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:02:31 -0500
Jim,

I bought my Healey when I was 18 years old, just out of high school.  The
people I knew back then that owned Healeys were close to my age or were in
their 30s and racing Bugeyes in  SCCA.  Now, 37 years later, the majority of
people I know with Healeys are 10 years older than I am.  Just check out the
pictures in either of the Austin Healey club magazines and it's easy to tell
that Healey ownership today is dominated by a generation of individuals in
their 60s.  Consequently, this is true for the governing powers of the
national clubs as well.  "Not that there is anything wrong with that."
Almost everyone I know that owns a Healey can be consider the nicest people
you will ever meet.  Perhaps what you are expressing is that sometimes, due
to the age differences,  it is difficult to have more in common with these
wonderful people than just the cars we love to drive.

Ron