Re: [Healeys] Three degrees of separation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Three degrees of separation
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 19:45:43 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/08 5:35:49 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> So who was Gary Anderson traveling with when he ran into my brother in
> law in San Clemente?
>
> I love living in a small town...

Yo, Ron...
The traveling band your brother-in-law met, slightly shell-shocked from
driving on those interstate highways you folks down here consider reasonable
means
to travel from one place to another, were Smith Brody, me, Jeff and Dawn Mach
in   a bugeye, and John Wilson with his fiance Joan. So why aren't you here in
San Diego at the meet? John Hunt's brand new (way too bright red) Nash Healey
coupe was a big hit at the show today.
I'm driving back on Saturday, probably with George Henke, and plan to take
Interhell 5 up to San Clemente, then take Highway 1 from San Clemente to Oxnard
before picking up 101. All these silly Angelenos say, "why would you want to
do that? It's going to take an hour longer than if you go I5 to I405." I try to
explain that I actually prefer driving 40 miles an hour along the beach road,
stopping occasionally at red lights to look around and enjoy the scenery,
rather than driving 80 mph to stay up with traffic, while cursing the woman on
her cell phone (hands-free? what a joke) in her SUV who is moving over into my
lane, unaware that I am occupying the space already into which she is moving.
In any case, it's been a nice meet so far, and the trip home should be
pleasant (even with the smoke and Highway 1 closed north of Cambria.

Cheers
Gary

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live
music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!
      (www.tourtracker.com
?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)