[Healeys] Precious and Spares

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Precious and Spares
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:15:02 +1000
Just a simple opinion but are we not becoming way too precious about the
protocols and procedures some consider should exist.IF you had lived in
Australia back in the sixtys when Healeys were fully imported in small nos. and
within a few ( 4-5 ) years the spares supply chain meant finding a wrecking
yard or anyone's back yard with part of a Healey in it. This was a problem in
itself as people learnt to be very secretative about theis stash. But if yiu
were so lucky to find your own it required crawling under cars with flat tyres
in long grass, chassis inhabited with Australia's second most poisioness spider
and several killer snakes. That only became a problem if the mad dog had not
chewed you to pieces on the way in. I hated it when the dog hid and waited
until you had removed the parts you wanted and then attacked on the way out.
This often resulteed in you dropping the rare part on the way to the nearest
fence.NOW we sit in comfort and tick a box,compare prices and quality or look
on ebay.How easy is that?
Joe