[Healeys] (no subject)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] (no subject)
From: "gary brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:12:54 -0400
hello list,
Well, I've started my solo voyage back to Nort' Carolina.  Day one was not
exactly solo as I caravanned with Greg & Nancy Lauser.  I started the day with
just enough gas for 30 or 40 miles of travel.  We tried  40+  and I had the
"Fuel Pumps Ticking constantly & real fast Blues".  We coasted me backtracking
to Alpine where I accidently and stupidly pressed Premium, which turned out to
be $8.99/gal.!! I swallowed my pride, paid the man and we were off.  Slow
mountain roads (Cal. 79 - 78) and a breakfast in Justin (Pop. <1,000) and we
finally got to Arizona where I split off from Gregg on to 60 to Camp Verde,
AZ.  A hot trip taking 10 hours to reel off 444 miles.  Just made it to the
Comfort Inn front shelter when a hail storm broke out.  Good luck following
bad, I'd say.
Day 2 was a 5am to 10am run through fantastic Northern AZ - Southern UT
scenery to Blanding UT.  300 miles in 5 hours flat; now we're talking!  Steve,
I missed seeing you guys.  Was shooting digital shots out the window at
speed...maybe you will show up in those.
Day three was 6am to 12 noon, 365 miles to Dillon, CO.  You can't beat these
Interstates when the weather is cool & dry. Just made it to the Comfort Inn
front shelter when a thunder-storm broke out. Lucky, again.  Weather was cool.
Saw a bad accident at the Vail Summit on I-70.
Haven't calculated mileage yet... looks like 22+
  GaryB and the Silver Bullet