Re: [Healeys] Speeds, distances, and odometers.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speeds, distances, and odometers.
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:42:08 +0000
Hi John,

re:
"> Aren't we getting a little technical and/or anal about MPG and speed."

Maybe, but it's interesting and important to me (you GET anal about this stuff
when you fly and your life depends--quite literally--on the fuel in the tanks
and the distance to the next airport, with bad weather behind you).

Yes, there are a lot of variables but what's struck me is the relative
consistency (fluids and technique notwithstanding).   If you're not seeing the
mileages the majority of the List is reporting you've got a problem in your
drive train (or, if yours are a lot better--and your odometer is
calibrated--what's your secret?).

This thread was started by somebody--forgot who--who specifically requested
others' experiences.  Also, what happens if your fuel gauge goes TU on one of
those lonely stretches in Nevada (don't say British gauges never fail ;)?
You'll be glad for the MPG data you've collected and, hopefully, the GPS or at
least decent maps, and it'll feel good to know your odometer is accurate (or
exactly 6% off, or ...).

I'm gonna hazard a guess you don't do a lot of long-distance driving in your
Healey--gives you lots of time to ponder and compute.

bs

From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>