Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb choke cables - securing

To: Al Fuller <al@bighealey.org>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb choke cables - securing
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:26:30 -0400
Al,

Sounds like the inner cable and outer housing are sticking together. Have
you taken the cables apart and cleaned them? Is the inner cable intact - no
  broken strands or kinks that would bind in the housing? Make sure there
aren't any burrs at the ends of the housings that will catch the inner
cable.  The outer sheath is to keep water (rust) out of the housing.  I
trimmed the sheath off each end so that the housing would fit in the
ferrules. For lubrication, I used some Lubriplate grease that I've used for
bicycle cables.

Another thought - are the three cables going to the carbs nice and long
with gentle, large radius curves?  If the housings are too short, then the
inner cables will bind.

May-be the first thing to check, be sure the choke assembly on each carb is
moving freely (without the choke cable attached).

Bob
'62 BT7