Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb choke cables - securing

To: "'Bob Haskell'" <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb choke cables - securing
From: "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:43:28 -0400
Hi, Bob:

Thanks for the suggestions - here is what I have found:

The cable centers are solid - not stranded.  There appear to be no strands
sticking out to hold them up.  The only thing is that the cable housings are
not mechanically attached at either end.

The cables are not all that long and may well have too much radius.

The choke mechanism appears to work properly.  When they are held up
manually, the car starts right up!  (Note:  it is quite a feat to get them
up and push the starter button, too!!)  I am not surprised, since the carbs
literally just came back from Jim Taylor for a rebuild.

Thanks for the input.  Right now I am thinking I might be in for new cables
since it sounds like the stock cables should fit better in both the ferrules
at the carbs as well as at the barrel on the lever.

Al Fuller
Fuller Compliance, LLC

Quality Systems Consulting
Software Quality, Validation + 21 CFR Part  11

714.335.0248
 www.fullercompliance.com