Re: [Healeys] MkII Badge

To: "Dallas Congleton" <dcongleton@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] MkII Badge
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:31:52 -0700
Dallas

No, not necessarily. Just because the Concours guidelines doesn't mention an
item, if a knowledgeable judge or team of judges decides to deduct for
something they know is incorrect, then so be it.  The guidelines are just
that, a tool to supplement all of the other documentation and resources that
one needs to use when restoring a car.  This issue comes up on a regular
basis when judging entrants cars.  Comments like I gave my my restorer the
guidelines so therefore if he just follows them I'll win a Gold award. Not
necessarily!

There is a reason that all of our telephone and contact information is
listed in the guidelines, but I almost never get a call from anyone
restoring a car to ask a question.  Yet, I talk to fellow members of the
Concours Committee on a regular basis to discuss what is right or wrong for
a car or component that I'm working on or restoring.  Bottom line is it
takes a bit more effort than just getting the guidelines to properly restore
a Concours car.

However now that this issue has been brought up, the Concours committee will
most likely add this to our list of items that will be updated in next years
revision.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Chairman, AH Concours Committee