Re: [Healeys] (no subject)alternator

To: eric.frenken@brits-n-pieces.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)alternator
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:30:00 -0700
On any car, the battery's only job is to
A) start the car
B) provide an electrical reserve in the case of a of a generator
(alternator) failure.
All cars run off the the electricity generated by the generator/alternator.
Modern cars have much higher demands on the electrical systems than our old
British cars.  Modern cars can run up to 200 Amp capacity for their
alternators.  They rarely if ever use that amount of generating power, but
it is there if needed.
Hope this helps clear up the confusion.
Rick