[Healeys] Intercom noise HELP

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Intercom noise HELP
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:47:41 -0400
I'm trying to get AHX12 ready and need to resolve a problem with the
intercom.
I'm getting a clicking noise through the intercom when the engine is
running. This is caused by some "noise" on the 12 VDC power supply line
which comes from the car's electrical system. I know this because when I run
the intercom from a separate battery there is no noise with the car running.
I have been unable to find the source of the "noise" so I want to put a
filter of some sort on the power supply line to the intercom.
I've tried those cylindrical magnet things but they didn't work.
Is there a simple in line filter that I can readily source (I leave on
Wednesday) that I can run the power through to get the "noise" out.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)