[Healeys] Overdrive accumulator removal

To: "'Austin Healey'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive accumulator removal
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:37:36 -0400
Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions.

Taking a suggestion that I found on a Triumph web site, I used a 1-1 1/8"
expansion plug.  I inserted the plug into the spacer tube and tightened the
nut to expand the plug.  I was then able to pull the tube, accumulator
cylinder, and piston all in one piece by pulling on the expansion plug nut
with a pair of vice grips.

Somehow the piston had come out far enough that one piston ring was out of
the bore.  I see what you all meant about the rings being very delicate.

I will know in another day or so, after I get everything back together,
whether replacing the o-ring solves my problem.

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB