Re: [Healeys] HD8 DMD manifold

To: Linwood H Rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] HD8 DMD manifold
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:16:41 -0700
Lin,
I put the manifold & Kirk headers on at same time. Together they're good for
a big seat-of-the pants increase in power. Ask Reid Trummel--he drove it at
Conclave in SD. Still has the Mk1 cam so probably limited because of that,
though I do have the high-lift rockers. Can't say as I felt any difference
between the HD6 & 8s though.

Extension is necessary for KN air filter due to rear carb intake flange
being exactly on top of slanted frame rail. Flange extends filter so it can
hang into the area above the master cyls.

The mechanical linkage required using the BJ8 firewall bracket and fabbing a
longer 5/16 rod as well as a couple of new shorter rods.

I have the [expensive] pieces necessary for the BJ8 dual choke cable setup,
but got lazy and decided to try it with the rear choke only. The car starts
so I may leave it that way.

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA