Re: [Healeys] Last Hope

To: "'Kenny J'" <theswed@hotmail.com>, "'Healeys Healeys'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Last Hope
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:17:52 -0600
The O/D will freewheel if it does not go back to the full off "position"
This can happen from bent or broken spring posts on the clutch thrust ring,
weak or bound return springs or perhaps a cracked brake ring. Unconventional
oils may also be too slippery and cause the clutch to slip in cases where
the clutch is worn.  Hydraulic pressure is used to engage the unit,
mechanical pressure is used to disengage it. If it finally disengages on its
own after a few minutes, then it may just be dirt in the spring post guides
and it may clear up after several hundred miles of exasperating use.
 Contact me off list for some suggestions I might not want everyone to
undertake.
dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs