[Healeys] Last Hope

To: Healeys Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Last Hope
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:55:57 -0700
I swear this is my last question.  If I can't get it fixed after this, I am
going to hire a professional.   I got the gearbox and OD in the car today.
Ran it on jackstands for 5 mins.  The OD seemed to work correctly but was
kinda hot.  I went on a road test and the OD kicked on.  The OD, however,
didn't want to disengage.  In fact, it seemed to be slipping.  I was dead in
the water.  I turned it off and shifed to 1st gear.  The car wouldn't move.
Made sure the OD switch was off and went through 1-4th.  Finally 1st kicked in
and I got her home.  Checked oil level and it was fine.  Any ideas?  I am not
taking it out again.

By the way....because of this OD mess I haven't had a chance to get new tires
to solve my shimmy problem.  When I went on the road test on Sunday my bad
tire that caused my shimmy blew out. Luckily I was coming to a stop and was
going 5 mph.

Kenny