Re: [Healeys] gearbox tunnel carpet fastening

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] gearbox tunnel carpet fastening
From: "Jody Kerr" <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:46:33 -0700
Based on the shape of the tunnel I have to concur with Alan. It's a
really odd shape to try and attach fabric to. I've done the velcro bit
in the past, but on other cars. I've found it to be really useful
attaching fabric over areas where the wiring harness runs.

That being said, I've learned the hard way that any hot area (like a
transmission tunnel) will greatly exceed the adhesive ability of
normal velcro. The only way to get it to hold is to buy the velcro
without adhesie and glue it down with something really strong.

In many cases it's a 50/50 solution. I'd only recommend the velcro
trick if it's an area that you'll be accessing frequently.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
1953 Studebaker Champion