[Healeys] Noisey Third Gear

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Noisey Third Gear
From: "f_simpson@juno.com" <f_simpson@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:47:30 GMT
I was out for a drive to Lake Tahoe this weekend when suddenly the
transmission started making a disturbing noise while in third gear.  The loud
"whine" occurs uphill as well as down, or if using the transmission to power
brake while downshifting.  The vehicle is a 1964 BJ8 with 68,000 original
miles and I have never heard such a noise before.  1st, 2nd and 4th gears are
quiet, the tranny has synthetic oil.  The overdrive continues to work as
designed.  Any comments, suggestions or thoughts on my problem?  Much
appreciated, Frank
Become a Medical Transcriptionist. Click here to find schedules designed to
fit your life.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/Ioyw6iifev3xPyIt5Xjr7jyXej1AqJwJ3
omlPCwSD9vCscL1dKDHCE/