Re: [Healeys] Best product to remove oxidation (non Healey)

To: "'Jim Ryan'" <ryan@jimryan.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Best product to remove oxidation (non Healey)
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:34:23 +0100
In UK, we tend to use T-Cut. Don't know where that comes from or if it's
universally available. It's a pale brown liquid with a very fine cutting
compound in (fairly nominal) suspension. Alcohol based I think as it dries
off pretty quick. Good stuff. I'd guess that any auto parts place will have
it or its equivalent.
If he's fussy, he'll need to wax the car after use, as T-Cut, or similar
generic, strips off the wax/polish/top few microns(++) of paint to get at
the fresh stuff beneath. You would not therefore use it every time you
prepped the car!
Simon