Re: [Healeys] Best product to remove oxidation (non Healey)

To: "'wbeech'" <wbeech@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Best product to remove oxidation (non Healey)
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 05:45:56 -0700
Hi Jim,

Maguiar's has a series of products that are numbered, from Swirl Remover
(9) to Medium Cut Cleaner (1).  The smaller the number, the more
abrasive (they also have a thermometer-like graphic to show
abrasiveness).  I'd start with a higher number cleaner--maybe the Fine
Cut (2).  If that works, great, if not, try the next, more aggressive
product.  The more aggressive products should be used with a polisher.
If you buy a polisher, get an orbital or "dual action" (unless you want
to use the car for practice with a standard polisher--almost guaranteed
you'll burn or gouge the paint).  There's lots of info on the 'net,
here's one:  http://video.yahoo.com/watch/108451/1287613

Other companies have similar products, but I haven't tried them and
Maguiar's is available pretty much everywhere.

bs