Re: [Healeys] Need MGB Parts

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Need MGB Parts
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:16:32 -0500
Mark,
I agree with Rich on this.  The inside grooves need to be good to get
synchronization.  They are what grabs the cone and makes the speeds of
the two shafts get the same.  I only have experience with the 3 synchro
MGA/MGB trannys and big Healey ones and I seem to recall that there were
some bad synchros around that didn't hold up well.
There is an MGB Yahoo group that you could join to find info on that and
also find a source for the parts.  I think it is called MG-MGB.  Go into
Yahoo and do a search in the groups area.  There are some very
knowledgeable people on there especially for the later cars, which of
course are more complex than the early ones.
Charlie

Rich C wrote:
> Mark,
>
> It would be very foolish to put old ones back in when you have
> everything apart now.
>
> Rich
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark LaPierre"
> <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]