Re: [Healeys] Side Exit Exhaust

To: jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net, Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Side Exit Exhaust
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:54:31 EST
(If the person that owned
the Healey is one of the list members I  would really appreciate it if
he would let us know what type of muffler he  had!)

Hi John-

My brother and I attended the 2002 Healey International at South Lake  Tahoe.
We were in my BJ8, Blackie, with the side exit exhaust.
The muffler and side exit pipes were purchased from Hemphill's Healey  Haven
Ltd. in Baltimore, MD.
In their catalog the system was described as a "Large Bore Stainless  Muffler
With Side Pipes" and was the same system that was available from the SC
Parts Group which they described as a Bigbore silencer.
I like the sound of the systems so well that I bought a second set  with the
larger 1&3/4" rear exit pipes. It is easy enough for me to  switch from the
side exit to the rear exit pipes. And I do alternate from time  to time
depending upon who is going to be my passenger.

(The attached picture is the current look of Blackie after some cosmetic
body work. I.e. wing louvers, openings below the grill for air flow to the oil
cooler, removal of mirrors from the wings, and removal of the radio antennae
from the right side of the cowl. Not sure that you can see the side exit pipes
in this picture but they are on her.)

Blackie at Philippe Park.jpg]