[Healeys] Heritage certificate gives different body colour

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Heritage certificate gives different body colour
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:40:03 +0000 (GMT)
I've just been given a Heritage cert for Christmas for my '56 BN2. Everything
matches (including chassis and body numbers) and lines up with what I expected
except the body colour. The PO resprayed it silver with black coves in 1989.
But there is evidence in many places of Healey Blue underneath. So I was
expecting the cert toB sayB Healey Blue (or ice blue or whatever). The
certificate actually says two colour Ivory White and black. I have not found
any evidence of these colours. Apart from the obvious possibility that the car
was completely bare metalled then painted blue at some time in its life, is
this a mistake in the cert, or did some cars get resprayed after leaving the
production line? I would like to know for sure what colour the car was
originally, as I was intending one day to turn it back to original.

Mike
Brooks
'56 BN2
Scotland and Qatar