Re: [Healeys] Bullit chase scene (again?)

To: jackson_krall@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bullit chase scene (again?)
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:29:11 -0800
Alright everyone, enough with the big Healey sightings in the Bullit movie.
How about the two square body Sprites, one light blue with a white top
parked on the left side of the street as the cars drive down the hill and
the other is just the back end parked next to a black VW Bug as the chase
turns left.  Or the Morris Minor convertable parked on the left side of the
street.

Speaking of VW Bugs, how many of you played the game "Bug" with your kids on
road trips?  Should show how big of a car enthusiast you are.  When someone
in the car sees a VW Bug tthe first one to shout "Bug" gets a point.  Twenty
plus years ago there were still a lot on the road in CA.  However in my car
enthusiast family we took it one step further with our son and his buddies,
usually on family vaction road trips to Healey meets. Our scouring system
went like this;

'68 and newer -                   1 point
'68 and newer convertable -  2 points
'67 and older -                     3 points
'67 and older convertable -    4 points
Oval window coupe -            5 points
Oval window convertable -    10 points
and the holy grail...
Split window coupe -            20 points

Now score the "Bullit" chase scene playing "Bug," there's a lot.

Cheers,

Curt
'64 & '67 Bug and my wife had a '62 ragtop and a '72