Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 01:22:38 +0100
Paul,
The gain in power is solely due to the fact that the original fan on the
waterpump is removed and not taking up any power. At normal speed the
electric fan does (should) not come one as the speed of the car will
generate enough flow through the radiator to keep the temperature in
check. I shoulod only come one when the car is under extreme load at low
speed or at idling when speed (and air flow through the radiator) is zero.
The amount of power gained depends on the design of the fan and the
engine speed. Generally up to about 6BHP.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL