Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive

To: "'Oudesluys'" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:40:32 +1100
G'day

Now I am really confused.

Perhaps someone can explain to me in words of one syllable why a variable
speed 12v electric motor, in the place of a water pump does not free up
power?

Sure the electricity has to come from the generator/alternator/battery but I
know that my car goes just as well with the lights on as it does with them
off.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia