Re: [Healeys] Install fender vents

To: <caddi5@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Install fender vents
From: "Don " <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:02:40 -0700
Mitch,
I would use steel on steel.  Not sure what is meant by flange or no
flange and it has been several years since mine were installed.  The
vents I used were very deep and I needed to cut them or the pedal boxes
when the fender was fitted back to the car.  The pedal boxes on both
sides of my 57' interfered and I cut a couple of chunks out of vents to
make the fenders fit after vent installation.
They do help with the heat and my car is more of a rally replica of the
period so I had no problem with cutting into the original metal.
Don
57' BN4