Re: [Healeys] Starter solenoid question

To: fortee9er@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Starter solenoid question
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:36:48 +0800
Jorge -

You don't need the solenoid at all, the gear reduction starter has its own
solenoid.  Just put the hot leads together on one terminal on the solenoid
(or bypass it all together and  remove the solenoid) and run the ignition
wire straight to the solenoid on the gear reduction starter.

Another option is to use the push button solenoid as a "relay" to put power
to the solenoid trigger on the gear reduction starter, as sometimes the draw
on this line is much bigger than what the original switch wire from the
ignition switch can handle.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1