Re: [Healeys] What Cam?

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] What Cam?
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:15:13 -0600
I rebult my hundred motor to M spec including increasing the compression
ratio from the stock 7.5/1 to 8.5, the only thing I did not do was go with
the bigger M carbs, used an M cam.  I got better gas mileage going from the
low 20s on the highway to high 20s, 28 29 mpg.

Lightened flywheel as well to about 29 pounds, no issues with lumpy idle or
loss of low end torque, the M cam is very conservative, their may be better
grinds out there now for HP, but the M is tried and true and if you don't
want to compromise driveability the M cam is a good choice.

The M cam is 40 plus pounds stock (42? don't recall exactly), taking 10-12
pounds out of it will not result in any more wear and tear or fatigue on the
tranny.

Greg Lemon