Re: [Healeys] What Cam?

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] What Cam?
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:07:14 +0100
Mike,
With the mods you already did it is best to fit the hotter cam as wel.
Yes, you will be in the higher rev range, not only because of the
camshaft but also because of the larger carbs and better flow, however
it will not be that dramatic.
Lightening the flywheel does not make to much sense for a street car but
if you would, moderately lighten your flywheel, say max. 1-1,5kg. This
will probably not do any damage to your gearbox/diff as the engine is
not highly tuned.
Also make sure that all ridges and gaskets between carbs/inlet
manifold/cilinder head/exhaust manifold are smoothed out. If not all
your porting and polishing may be in vain.
Kees Oudesluijs