Re: [Healeys] Flywheels One more time

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Flywheels One more time
From: Healeyguy <healeyguy@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:16:58 -1000
For the 100 folks, the original four flywheel does weigh in at 45 pounds. These
are straight out of the dark ages and I'm fairly certain the part number is the
same as the flywheel on the WW1 British battle tank.  The 6 cylinder flywheels
are close to 28 pounds. You can shave 17 pounds as a bolt-on change.  The
pressure plate and clutch disc is about 16.5 pounds for all except the bigger
10 inch clutch which is about 17.5 pounds. Pretty much a wash if you are
concerned with weight.  As stated previously the real  improvement is with the
diaphragm BJ8 pressure plate. Make sure you use the correct release bearing if
you change over.  As mentioned earlier the swap doesn't impact the idle.  I can
get it down to 450-500 RPM and its steady although it is normally set at 800.
Aloha
Perry