Re: [Healeys] Sebring UJB 142

To: jstmorris@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sebring UJB 142
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:05:14 -0700
It is lot 669 on Saturday, not 699.  Tom Rocke is a personal friend of mine
and I have been to his shop to see this car.  If you understand what you
read, it is not presented as anything other than a re-creation of the works
car.  Quote: restoration was completed on this car *to model* the 1960 works
car", end quote.  The car has a genuine Tulip engine Tom purchased in
England, except the head is not the original alloy one, but it has been
ported and modified to flow lots of air.  The body panels are all aluminum
alloy as on the origianl.  The dash has all the correct instrumentation.
This is as close as you will ever get to an original works car.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5