Re: [Healeys] Sebring UJB 142

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sebring UJB 142
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mike;  You are quite right; the Lot number is 669.  Sorry about getting the
it mixed up.

Regards the "to model", that is why I phrased my comment as "what I think is a
knock-off".  After all, "to model" indicates a "copy", "replica", "knock-off",
"re-creation", etc.  So, from what you write, it definitely is a "knock-off".
Thank you for clarifying that.  As far as I know the original works car UJB
142 is in The Netherlands  undergoing a full restoration.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; '60 MkI BN7 & '62 MkII BT7
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

rrengineer @dslextreme.com <rrengineer@dslextreme.com> wrote: << It is lot 669
on Saturday, not 699.  Tom Rocke is a personal friend of mine and I have been
to his shop to see this car.  If you understand what you read, it is not
presented as anything other than a re-creation of the works car.  Quote:
restoration was completed on this car to model the 1960 works car", end
quote.  The car has a genuine Tulip engine Tom purchased in England, except
the head is not the original alloy one, but it has been ported and modified to
flow lots of air.  The body panels are all aluminum alloy as on the origianl.
The dash has all the correct instrumentation.  This is as close as you will
ever get to an original works car.  Mike MacLean   56 BN2  60 AN5 >>
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:27 PM, J. Scott Morris <jstmorris@yahoo.com>