Re: [Healeys] First Drive in 26 Years and three problems!

To: Randy Dickson <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] First Drive in 26 Years and three problems!
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:53:20 +0100
If the new brake disk is touching suspension parts something is very
much amiss. The new disk is obviously not the right one. Check size,
offset etc.
Pulsating brake pedal could be bad news. Make shure that the pistons in
the calipers are free to move. The disks may have been butchered by the
machine shop. Measure the thickness in min. 4 places (at 90: intervals).
This should be exactly the same at all points. Also measure the run out
when fitted on the hub. This should be less than 0,1mm. To much run out
can be caused by improper fitting, i.e. bolts not evenly and properly
stressed, dirt or faulty machining, or poor wheel bearings.

More or less the same goes for the drums. If they have not been set up
properly in the lathe in the machineshop they may have become off centre
or even askew.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL