Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

To: "'Ray Carbone'" <racarbon@optonline.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:57:02 -0600
What?
What is logical about it?
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2  1959 AN5
Porter Custom Bicycles

cars:
 www.britishcarforum.com/portercustoms.html
gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

blog: http://porterbikes.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ray Carbone
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:50 AM
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

Over the past 40 years I have adjusted my share of SU carbs but recently I
find that I may have been doing it wrong.   I have always been under the
impression that the pin on each HD8 was used to adjust that carburetor's
mixture, however, recently I've read and followed the instructions of 2
articles that indicate the pin is used to adjust the other carb (i.e. back
carb pin to adjust the front carb and visa versa).

A number of club members and sports car associates seems to indicate that
they were also surprised by the new approach and under my original
understanding.  I can't believe I've been wrong all this time. However, the
new (to me) way seems very logical.   I would like to hear which is
considered correct by the list.

All the best,

Ray Carbone

64 BJ8 Phase 1