Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

To: Dave Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>, 'George Haywood'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany
From: Ray Carbone <racarbon@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:39:07 -0400
Hi Dave,
According to the articles referenced, the procedure is consistent with
previous understandings in all but which carb to mixture adjust.  All
procedures, including carb synchronization, are followed in the same order
as previously understood.  In the directions even the evaluation of
rich/lean are consistent with previous understandings (if the RPMs raise and
continue to run at increased speed after the back carb pin is raised, the
front carb is evaluated as running too rich, etc).  Again, same speed
evaluations are made except that the opposite carb is adjusted.  I suspect
that this approach would depend on the cross-flow within the manifold.  I
have tried this approach and it seems to work on my BJ8, however, without an
exhaust analyzer it is hard to tell.
All the best,
Ray Carbone