[Healeys] Factory Hard Top!

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Factory Hard Top!
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 13:42:21 -0500
Just got my hard top back from being restored. The purists can vent now
since I had it painted black to go with my Colorado Red over Black paint
job. Knowing this is to last forever, I had the headlining done in a black
textured vinyl.

The problem I have is in getting in and out. When I had my bugeye I had no
trouble getting in and out when the hard top was on. But that was 45 years
and 30 lbs ago. But I was also two inches taller than.

While I have figured out how to do it, when I do get in, my 5'7" is about 2
inches from the headliner.

What do six footers do to get in and out, and how do they fit in?

Someone told my that Donald Healey was 5'6" and than might explain why he
had a special coupe made for him rather than a hard top.

I have an idea of how to store it, but I wonder how other folks who have
hard tops store theirs.

Jack