Re: [Healeys] NNE travel advice

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] NNE travel advice
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:36:00 -0400
ah3000me wrote:
 > I'm working in Hanover, NH, and my Healey is parked in Bath, Maine.
 > I'd like to drive the Healey between the two locations, and in case
 > Murphy's law catches us up, I would appreciate some recommendations
 > on shops and towing companies along the way.

Are you paranoid or a realist? :)

I haven't used them, but British-car specific there is:

   Brit Bits
   14 Sagamore Rd
   Rye, NH 03870
   800.995.2487
   <http://www.britbits.com/>

There is a shop in Concord NH I use for general repairs; I don't know
how they'd be with a Healey, but they've done good work on a 20 year
old Audi I own.

   Steve & Dave's Tire & Auto Services
   223 S Main St
   Concord, NH 03301
   (603) 226-8675b

For towing, I'd call AAA.  If you don't have a card, I do. Give me a call.
I'm in the Concord NH phone book. I'll be your passenger.

And do yourself a favor -- don't get on I-89.  When you get to Concord NH,
stay on Rte 4. It ends at Rte 10 which takes you to Hanover. Rte 4 is much
more Healey-friendly. Just adjust your time schedule by an hour.

If you're passing through Concord on a Sunday or Friday night, call me
and I'll buy you a beer.

-
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2