[Healeys] Registry benefits,

To: "'Healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Registry benefits,
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 08:28:23 -0400
Rich, recently someone submitted the details of their BJ8 to the registry
and I recognized that the body number did not match the VIN.  However, I
also had information on another BJ8 whose body number did not match the VIN,
but the body tag DID belong to the first car.  Subsequent investigation
determined that both cars had spent some time in the same repair shop (now
defunct) in the 1990s.
The registry made it possible for the first car to get back its original
body number plate.  Things like that can only happen if there is a central
location for the details of as many cars as possible to act as a
clearinghouse.  Because the I.D. plates were only installed with screws,
there has been ample opportunity for many cars to lose their true
identities, and there are a LOT of BJ8s out there in that boat.  The BJ8
registry has been able to correct the misidentifications in 20 or so cases
over the last 10 years.

By the way, if anyone out there owns HBJ8L/38868, I have your original body
number plate, which was the one installed on the first car.  How do I know
this?  Because as BJ8 registrar I have access to the BMIHT archives to match
the body and chassis numbers.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry