Re: [Healeys] Oil For Healey's

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil For Healey's
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:24:52 -0400
Steve,

If you want to stick to a mineral oil with lots of ZZDP (according to the
label and website - I can't detect the taste myself), I recommend Castrol
VR-1.  This is labeled as a racing oil but if you read the bottle and the
info on the Valvoline site, it clearly indicates that is it also formulated
for street use and has added ZZDP for older designs of engine.  It can also
be difficult to find - try the local yellow pages for a supplier of
lubricants and oils - I buy mine from the company that distributes to retail
outlets.  Probably any Valvoline supplier can order it for you.

There was a long exchange on the List about oils sometime last year and
everyone has their own favourite brand and opinion on the subject - in the
end you will have to read the opinions and company web sites and decide
yourself.  Also look at Brad Penn oils - I have never used them but they
were a candidate that made my short list.

cheers,

Mirek
60 BT7