Re: [Healeys] Oil For Healey's

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil For Healey's
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:24:11 -0500
FYI, if you folks want to buy oil locally, you have several readily
available options.  Rotella 5W40 synthetic is very high in Zinc, and will
most likely be what I use in my Healey once I get it back on the road.

If you have to have a 20W50 oil, Mobil 1 V-Twin Synthetic has a higher Zinc
level than even Rotella Synthetic or Mobil 1 Delvac.  You can get Mobil 1
V-Twin pretty much anywhere.

Also, before you have sticker shock at the $6 per quart price, ask yourself
how many times you change oil per year in your Healey and whether the price
really matters?  I had to pay $16 per liter for one of my cars to stay in
warranty until something better and cheaper had been tested.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8