Re: [Healeys] Non-Adjustable Steering Wheel

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non-Adjustable Steering Wheel
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:19:31 +0800
Mike -

I can verify virtually all larger Austins of the 50s and 60s used basically
the same sized spline shaft.  I have my old BJ8 steering wheel on my '52 A90
to prove it (the car is being painted).

I suspect your steering wheel is from a different car - with the smaller
shaft probably from a smaller Austin or small production LBC of the period.

Bluemel made these steering wheels for practically the entire UK car
industry, that means several cars used steering wheels that looked very
similar.

Where did you get your steering wheel?  I suspect you will have to purchase
a replacement.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1