Re: [Healeys] Non-Adjustable Steering Wheel

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>, "Alan
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non-Adjustable Steering Wheel
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 10:50:38 -0400
Mike,

Please be aware that the non adjustable but original style wheels sold new
are not correct. The original non adjustable wheels have each cluster of
spokes that gather very closely at the outer perimeter, while the adjustable
wheels have each set of spokes spaced futher apart in a two spoke, space,
two spoke arrangement like an adjustable wheel. Unfortunately with the
repros I've seen, somebody decidied to give them the correct non adjustable
hub, but the outer spokes spaced as per an adjustable wheel.
Hard to describe, hope you can understand what I'm describing. Therefore if
you want the correct original wheel, you're going to have to find an
original and repair it. make sure it fits your spline first.

Rich Chrysler