[Healeys] Gasoline Octane

To: Healeys Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Gasoline Octane
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 14:55:27 -0700
Today I went on a little drive down the CA coast south of SF (Pacifica - Half
Moon Bay).  The weather was incredible.  The only problem with todays drive
was my engine began to misfire while accelerating (more than 1/2 throttle).  I
also had some dieseling after turning off the ignition.  Normally I use 91
octane but when I filled up (10 gallons) this morning I accidently put in 87.
Could that be the source of my misfiring/dieseling?  Thanks.

Kenny

'61 BT-7