Re: [Healeys] Concours restoration question

To: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Concours restoration question
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:24:23 -0600
Jody,

The newly established Concours Police will beat down your door in the middle
of the night and conduct a randon reinspection of your car... OK, just
kidding.

Once you receive your award, that4s it, your car is whatever level it
receives unless you decide to have it re-inspected at some later time, e.g.
your receive a silver award and the items that knocked you down from a Gold
are easily corrected, you may decide that you4d like to have your car judged
again to get a gold.  This is one reason that the Concours committe returns
an entrants score sheet after judging is complete.

Anyone buying a Concours level car would obviously want to know when that
car was judged and how many miles were driven since.  The whole idea behind
our Concours is originality but we highly encourage that the cars be
driven.  A Gold level car five years ago that been driven hard for 10K miles
or more may no longer score the same if and when it4s judged again.  Just
ask David and Janet Koch how many miles they4ve put on thier Gold level 100M
since it4s been judged.

BTW We had a good turn out for Concours at Rendezvous in Jackson CA with two
Gold level BJ8s, a Silver BJ8 and BN7.  Unfortunately the three 100Ms that
were scheduled to be there couldn4t make it to be judged.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt,  Chairman - Austin Healey Concours Committee