[Healeys] Drive shaft length

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Drive shaft length
From: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:18:40 +1000
G'day list

Concours and originality fans read no further!

I'm about to have a drive shaft made for my Holden (Buick) V6 engined BN1.
This will entail using the rear end of the original drive shaft, and the
flange and yoke of the Holden driveline. This is integral with an internally
splined shaft that slides into the rear of the transmission. Question is, how
much fore/aft movement is there on bump/rebound of the rear axle, ie how much
should I allow for movement of the splined joint? The rear end is stock (well
almost - telescopic shocks & 3.54 diff)

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz