Re: [Healeys] rear hub locknut

To: "Simon & Christine Atkinson" <satkinson7314@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear hub locknut
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 18:55:30 -0700
You are correct.  The nut is Left Hand Thread!  If you look very closely you
should see "LH" on the face of the nut.  Maybe some do not have that.  You
need to turn it counter - clockwise (to the left) to loosen it.  Grind the
face of your socket down so that the full set of "teeth" in the socket
engage the nut.  It should come loose w/ a hard tap on your breaker bar.  Be
sure the lock nut is fully knocked back.

John Snyder
1959 BN7
1960 BT
1961 BN7 MK2