Re: [Healeys] bad run day

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bad run day
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:48:05 -0700
Step one was testing power to the pump switch.  That passed
Step two , I took the pump out of the car.  Would not turn when you power to
the wires.  I tore it down to see if the gear was caught, even after removal
of the gear, the motor does not turn.  There is something inside the motor
which is causing a short.  I took the motor all the way down but there is no
evidence of a problem.
    Brushes look good
    windings look good
    Some kind of blue lubricant(?) on the commutator.  Looks original

I can't see any reason it does not run, but it blows a fuse that is 3 times
the call for size and does not turn.  I may return it to Mallory.

Jerry
BJ8